Re: py7zr-related python packages was updated

Hi Yokota,

Étienne Mollier, on 2024-05-05:
> yokota, on 2024-05-05:
> > I was drop s390x from python-pyppmd build architecture list to pass
> > testing migration.
>
> I see you ajusted the Architecture field to include all
> currently supported Debian architectures except s390x.  While
> this would avoid building attempts on s390x, this is actually
> not ideal, because future architectures will have to be added by
> hand.  Besides, if s390x were to be supported by upstream, then
> it would be necessary to actively bring back s390x architecture
> to the list, assuming we notice the added support in the first
> place.  If you were to want to signify the package does not
> support other than little-endian architectures, then the current
> recommended practice is for the source package to build depend
> on the package architecture-is-little-endian, and bring
> Architecture field back to the value "any".
>
> All that being said, I don't believe declaring any form of
> architecture limitation is needed, because the test failure at
> build time prevents the production of packages for unsupported
> architectures.  Please revert Architecture field change; you may
> add the architecture-is-little-endian as build dependency if you
> feel better about not trying to build on other systems, but it's
> not entirely needed in my opinion.

Thanks, I saw you reverted the change about architecture list.

> In any case, the package would not migrate to testing, because
> despite the architecture restrictions, Debian infrastructure[1]
> will continue expecting s390x packages to be built; the
> following migration excuses will continue to appear:
>
>   * missing build on s390x
>   * arch:s390x not built yet, autopkgtest delayed there
>
> I opened the package removal bug #1070469 for python-pyppmd on
> s390x[2].  This will resolve the problem on the infrastructure
> side, but requires human intervention from the ftpmaster team,
> so it may take a little time.  I used `reportbug ftp.debian.org`
> to get a template email with all the metainformation needed, and
> filled the blanks with our observations.
>
> [1]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python-pyppmd
> [2]: https://bugs.debian.org/1070469

The ftpmaster team removed the package from s390x.  As the
package was now suitable for upload, I proceeded (with a minor
change to fix a typo in the changelog).  python-pyppmd should be
able to migrate to testing in a couple of days.

Thank you for your contribution!

Have a nice day,  :)
--
  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
 : :' :  pgp: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da