Re: Status of sqlalchemy

On 4/14/24 23:23, Martin wrote:
Hi,

are there any news regarding the status of sqlalchemy?
I'm curious, because the next version of gajim will depend on
sqlalchemy >= 2, which is only in experimental right now.

Cheers

Hi,

As much as I know, Piotr has been nicely putting this on old until the OpenStack packages could be fixed. Thanks for the patience. OpenStack 2024.1 (aka: Caracal) was released 2 weeks ago, and I uploaded all of it in Unstable. It's nice much better.

Let me give you a quick comment on the situation.

I'm still waiting on Manila support which is the most annoying one. I've been told that upstream Manila will backport all the SQLA 2.x fixes when they land in Master.

As per this:
https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?experimental=1&package=sqlalchemy

SQLA 2.x will also break Trove and Zaqar, but we can probably live with them broken until the next release of OpenStack. I care more about Trove (OpenStack DB as a service) than Zaqar (Messaging as a Service). I hope Trove upstream contributors will fix the situation, but at this point I don't know the status. I don't really use gertty, and I'm unsure why it's doing unit tests against SQLA. These could probably be ignored.

The rest of:
- pymodbus
- sqlalchemy-utc
- wtforms-alchemy

I don't even know what they do.

All that to say: I'm ok at this point if SQLA 2.x is uploaded to Sid and we move on...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)