Re: Request to join the Debian Python Team

On Wednesday, 3 April 2024 16:25:10 CEST Andrey Rakhmatullin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2024 at 04:21:05PM +0200, Paul Boddie wrote:
> >
> > Many thanks for giving me access! Would it make sense to move the existing
> > project into the Python Team's packages collection on Salsa, or is that
> > only permitted for packages that are actually adopted by the team?
>
> If you are going to maintain this package in the team then it can and
> should be in the team namespace, or are you asking about something else?

My aim is to maintain it in the team, yes. Previously, I maintained the
package in Debian, although I never became an actual Debian developer and
relied on a mentor to perform uploads. This time round, I envisaged that it
would be more sustainable if I joined the Debian Python Team, maintained the
package, but would be able to rely on uploaders in the team to perform the
uploads.

However, I did not presume that I could just set the Maintainer field in
debian/control before applying to join the team, nor did I set any particular
headers or metadata in the ITP for shedskin to reference the team, since I
thought that this might be impolite. I imagine that I would change the
Maintainer as noted in the team policy if the package were to be adopted
within the team.

Paul