Re: Request to join the Debian Python Team

Hi Paul,

Paul Boddie <paul@boddie.org.uk> wrote on 16/01/2024 at 02:10:14+0200:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to request membership of the Debian Python Team. For a while, I
> have been working on a package for Shed Skin (shedskin) which is a compiler
> for a dialect of Python.
>
> I previously maintained a package for this software in the Python 2 era, and
> since it has been made compatible with Python 3, I feel that it would be
> beneficial to Debian users to have convenient access to it once again. To this
> end, I filed an "intent to package" report a while back:

> The principal developer of Shed Skin is very encouraging of packaging efforts
> and has been responsive to feedback about issues that might otherwise incur
> distribution-level patches. Personally, I think that the software deserves
> more exposure, especially when considering some of the transformative effects
> it has on some kinds of Python code:
>
> http://shed-skin.blogspot.com/2024/01/fast-doom-wad-renderer-in-999-lines-of.html
>
> I have sought to follow advice provided in the team policy, making a Salsa
> project available here:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/pboddie/shedskin
>
> Building on experience with a previous repository (noted in the ITP report), I
> have hopefully managed to follow the branching and pristine-tar guidelines,
> also introducing test running using Salsa CI.
>
> I have read and accept the policy published here:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/
> policy.rst
>
> My Salsa login is pboddie.
>
> Thanks in advance for any guidance that might be offered!

I've granted you developer access to the package subgroup. You can
create a shedskin project here if you want.

If you lack some access, don't hesitate to reach out for help (we are on
#debian-python on OFTC IRC network).

Don't hesitate after some time and contributions to ask for maintainer
access if you need to create new repos.

--
PEB