Re: cython 3.x (for Python 3.12)

On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 08:09:31AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> [...]
> [...]
> You could package a non-conflicting cython-legacy, however that would
> require more changes, also how to build it.

I had a very quick look at the packaged cython3-legacy.  One could
change the name of the module to Cython_legacy or probably better,
Cython0, and cython.py to cython0.py, pyximport to pyximport0.  Just a
handful of changes would be needed, I'm guessing.  Then it would be
co-installable with Cython 3.x, and any packages that actually need
cython3-legacy rather than Cython 3.x would have to be patched to call
the legacy version.  It's probably easier to just patch them for
Cython 3.x ;-)

Best wishes,

   Julian