Re: SALSA_CI_LINTIAN_FAIL_WARNING / SALSA_CI_LINTIAN_ARGS in salsa-ci.yml

Carles Pina i Estany <carles@pina.cat> wrote on 06/11/2023 at 00:39:42+0100:

> [[PGP Signed Part:No public key for A802884F60A55F81 created at 2023-11-06T00:39:42+0100 using RSA]]
>
> Hi,
>
> I created python-ping3 package a month ago.
>
> At some point I didn't see some lintian warnings from salsa. To avoid
> missing warnings again I added in salsa-ci.yml:
>
> variables:
>   SALSA_CI_LINTIAN_FAIL_WARNING: 1
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/python-ping3/-/blob/debian/unstable/debian/salsa-ci.yml#L7
>
> Is there any convention on doing this for python-team maintained
> packages?
>
> Also, I would be happy to have:
>   SALSA_CI_LINTIAN_ARGS: --pedantic --fail-on pedantic
>
> (added there as well)
>
> IIRC, lintian pedantic's reports are shown in mentors.debian.net and I
> thought that would be good to have them in salsa - with the fail-on
> pedantic to avoid missing them.
>
> Any +1 / -1 of these options for python-team packages? Like "do not do
> this" or "if it works for you, feel free to do it".
>
> Thanks!

The team policy doesn't mention anything on this regard, and I guess
it's partially because originally this feature did not exist and the
policy has not been updated significantly in the past years.

In general, if something is not in the team policy, it's up to you to
chose how you deal with it.

In this very case, you really should feel fine about enabling CI
features that improve your packages' quality.
--
PEB