Re: Packages wrongly marked as FTBFS with Sphinx 7.1, docutils 0.20

On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 02:57:37PM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> BTW, I closed the OpenStack related bugs, but I believe upgrading
> python3-openstackdocs will fix it. The new theme builds, but when using it,
> I get:
>
> dh_sphinxdoc -O--buildsystem=python_distutils
> dh_sphinxdoc: error: debian/python-openstacksdk-doc/usr/share/doc/python-openstacksdk-doc/html/search.html
> does not load searchindex.js
>
> I'm not sure how to fix it, but I'll find out.

dh_sphinxdoc looks for either the new way of loading searchindex.js:

    <script src="searchindex.js" defer></script>

or the old way:

    jQuery(function() { Search.loadIndex("searchindex.js"); });

Looking at openstackdocstheme's search.html, it does have one of these
lines (the second one):

https://opendev.org/openstack/openstackdocstheme/src/tag/3.2.0/openstackdocstheme/theme/openstackdocs/search.html#L38

If it's there but dh_sphinxdoc still shows this error, then it's probably a
dh_sphinxdoc bug. Otherwise, please figure out why that line is not there.

> So please don't re-open bugs, I'll take care of that next week, and just
> fixing the docs theme should fix it.

OK.

--
Dmitry Shachnev