Re: Uncleaned egg-info directory giving lots of bugs about failing to build after successful build

On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 08:05:45AM -0700, Soren Stoutner wrote:
> As a followup question, I have noticed that a lot of packages (including
> electrum, which I have recently started maintaining) ship the egg-info
> directory.  Looking through /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/, this is common but
> not universal.  Is there any reason to ship this directory or should it be
> removed from the binary packages?

Lots of packages depend on the egg-info directory being present.

$ grep EASY-INSTALL-ENTRY-SCRIPT /usr/bin/*

will give a (probably very long) list of executables that depend on an
egg-info (or equivalent) directory being present.

Best wishes,

   Julian