Re: Uncleaned egg-info directory giving lots of bugs about failing to build after successful build

On September 6, 2023 3:05:45 PM UTC, Soren Stoutner <soren@stoutner.com> wrote:
>As a followup question, I have noticed that a lot of packages (including electrum, which I
>have recently started maintaining) ship the egg-info directory.  Looking through /usr/lib/
>python3/dist-packages/, this is common but not universal.  Is there any reason to ship this
>directory or should it be removed from the binary packages?

We should ship them.  Debian packages don't use them, but upstream Python dependency resolution systems do.  Including them allows our Python packages to satisfy dependencies for packages installed by our users via pip or other methods.

Scott K