Re: Updating python-build/getting rid of pep517

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 7:36:38 PM EDT Scott Talbert wrote:

> >> I'll go ahead and start packaging it.
> >
> > Excellent.  PEP517 has a few users that will need to be ported/updated:
> Initial packaging done, on its way into NEW.

And it's in Unstable now, so it would be good if people could start updating
the relevant team packages.  I filed #1042869 for the one package not in DPT.

* python-build (update to new version, needs pyproject-hooks)
* pdm (update to new version, needs pyproject-hooks)
  [pdm-pep517 can probably go away too]
* poetry-core (update to new version, does use either anymore)
* check-manifest (does not list pep517 as a requirement, just drop?)
* py7zr (update to new version, does use either anymore)

If anyone doesn't have time to update a package for which they are the
uploader/maintainer, please reply to the list so someone else can do a team
upload.

Scott K