Re: can one change the path of generated entry point console_scripts

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 02:49:49AM +0100, Philippe Cerfon wrote:
> Hey Stefano
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 5:37 PM Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> wrote:
> > Just move it somewhere else later in the build? e.g. after dh_install.
>
> I had tried that before, with a debian/mypackage.install file but got
That's not what "move it [...] after dh_install" means, it usually means a
manual mv call.

> an error that it doesn't find the file.
> Then I realized that I cannot use e.g.:
>    usr/bin/script    usr/sbin/
Yes, .install is not for moving files between directories inside a
package. Please check its two use cases in dh_install(1).

> but have to use:
>    debian/mypackage/usr/bin/script    usr/sbin/
I don't think this is a good idea.