Re: Are YOU interested in a potential remote sprint sometime in October/November? (yes YOU!)

On 2022-08-19 14 h 04, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 08:22:28PM -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
Hello folks,

At DC22, a few people seemed interested in a potential Python Team remote
sprint, sometime between October and early December.

I'm thus writing to the list to see if there is indeed interest for this. If
only 2 people reply, I won't push this further :)

Here are a few potential ideas of things people could work on, in no
particular order:

- fixing the ~50 packages that are still using 'python3 setup.py' [2]

I'm not part of the team (yet), but am part of the Python SIG in Fedora
and working on getting my DM status here. If I can participate by
submitting MRs for salsa.debian.org/python-team, I would love to take
part.

You don't need to be a DM/DD to join the Python Team!

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst#joining-the-team

I'd encourage you to join if you want to do work inside the team, as MRs often aren't the best tool in our workdlow. Updating a package means updating multiple git branches and MRs aren't well suited for that :(

I've done a remote sprint for the Clojure Team back in May and it went
great.
Huh neat, I packaged Clojure in Fedora for a while!

Each people registered and we asked for a food budget, based on the "Meals
and Incidentals Rate" the US government publishes for most cities in the
world [12] [13]. I encourage you to look up your city, but I know I ended up
eating pretty well :)
As I'm not part of the team, I perfectly understand if I don't get a
food allowance.

If you help during the sprint fixing things, I don't see why you couldn't ask for food sponsorship :)

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Louis-Philippe Véronneau