Re: Are YOU interested in a potential remote sprint sometime in October/November? (yes YOU!)

Hello,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 08:22:28PM -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> At DC22, a few people seemed interested in a potential Python Team remote
> sprint, sometime between October and early December.
>
> I'm thus writing to the list to see if there is indeed interest for this. If
> only 2 people reply, I won't push this further :)
>
> Here are a few potential ideas of things people could work on, in no
> particular order:

> - fixing the ~50 packages that are still using 'python3 setup.py' [2]

I'm not part of the team (yet), but am part of the Python SIG in Fedora
and working on getting my DM status here. If I can participate by
submitting MRs for salsa.debian.org/python-team, I would love to take
part.

> I've done a remote sprint for the Clojure Team back in May and it went
> great.
Huh neat, I packaged Clojure in Fedora for a while!

> Each people registered and we asked for a food budget, based on the "Meals
> and Incidentals Rate" the US government publishes for most cities in the
> world [12] [13]. I encourage you to look up your city, but I know I ended up
> eating pretty well :)
As I'm not part of the team, I perfectly understand if I don't get a
food allowance.

Michel Alexandre Salim
identities: https://keyoxide.org/5dce2e7e9c3b1cffd335c1d78b229d2f7ccc04f2