Re: Are YOU interested in a potential remote sprint sometime in October/November? (yes YOU!)

Hi,

I'm very interested :-)

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 9:23 PM Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollo@debian.org> wrote:
Hello folks,

At DC22, a few people seemed interested in a potential Python Team
remote sprint, sometime between October and early December.

I'm thus writing to the list to see if there is indeed interest for
this. If only 2 people reply, I won't push this further :)

Here are a few potential ideas of things people could work on, in no
particular order:

- working on testing and merging the pybuild-autodep8 feature [1]
- fixing the ~50 packages that are still using 'python3 setup.py' [2]
- reviewing and merging unnoticed salsa MRs on the Team's packages [3]
- fixing policy violations [4]
- upstreaming CPython patches [5]
- trying to remove all remaining Python 2 packages [6]
- working on PEP 668 [7] [8]
- working on lintian tags for the team [9]
- patching tracker.debian.org (Django) to show pending MRs [10] [11]
 I'm just curious, we know or it's easy to know  if there're more parts of the Debian
infrastructure where Python is used and we can help?

Cheers!
Emmanuel

People are of course welcome to work on whatever other things they see
fit for the betterment of the Team :)

I've done a remote sprint for the Clojure Team back in May and it went
great.

Each people registered and we asked for a food budget, based on the
"Meals and Incidentals Rate" the US government publishes for most cities
in the world [12] [13]. I encourage you to look up your city, but I know
I ended up eating pretty well :)

I would envision a 3 day sprint (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) being long
enough yet not too long for most of us to make progress on key issues
without being over-tiring.

Happy to hear back from y'all (please do if you're interested). If I see
people are interested, I'll send a poll to find the most suitable dates.

Cheers,

[1]:
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/dh-python/-/merge_requests/27
[2]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2022/08/msg00046.html