Re: pyyaml 6

On 2022-10-07 00:10:21 +0200 (+0200), Gordon Ball wrote:
[...]
> The only bug requesting it actually be upgraded is
> https://bugs.debian.org/1008262 (for openstack). I don't know if
> that has proved a hard blocker - I _think_ anything designed to
> work with 6.x should also work with 5.4.

I have a feeling 5.4 would also work for the latest versions of
OpenStack Horizon. The change which increased the PyYAML minimum for
it to >=6.0 didn't really say why it picked that minimum, other than
for the sake of consistency:

https://review.opendev.org/834053

This can be tested upstream if folks think that would be a helpful
data point, but it's not entirely trivial since I'll have to do some
extra work to override the requirement constraints (otherwise I
would have just done it before replying).
--
Jeremy Stanley