Re: Should we allow Janitor to commit directly to all DPT packages?

Am Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 02:31:13AM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
> On 2/18/22 2:23 AM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > thanks for bringing the perspective of how things are done in the Med
> > team, but it feels none of the points you mentioned nor the specific
> > Med team workflow apply here,
>
> I suppose the highlight was the usage of routine-update[1] package before upload
> and we could use it with DPT too.

Yes.

> This does similar(same?) changes as in janitor.

I asked Jelmer what Janitor is doing and included those calls into
routine-update.

> But that said, I agree with what you wrote:
>
> > or are relevant to just let Janitor
> > commit directly to our packages.
>
> I vote a in for/OK for janitor to commit directly as well.

Just in case this was not clear from my previous mail:  I'm fine with
direct commits.

My additional point was that I consider it sensible to let those commits
follow actual uploads which I was missing for several DPT packages which
I touched by chance.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--