Re: Should we allow Janitor to commit directly to all DPT packages?

> I admit I'm hesitating a bit for different reasons.  While I agree that
> direct commits are better than MRs I found several DPT packages with
> very sensible changes in Git but no uploads following these.  For
> instance fixing VCS fields and Maintainer name should be followed by an
> according upload to make those changes visible to users and developers
> of the *packages* in Debian.
>
> In the Debian Med team for instance we do those automatic changes before
> uploading a package - say when upgrading to new upstream versions or
> fixing some bugs.  Than we run the Janitor scripts and other automatic
> changes which is all done in routine-update.  I personally find this
> workflow more convenient.  That way Debian Med team (as well as pkg-r
> team) are blacklisted for Janitor to not have competing changes inside
> the package.

thanks for bringing the perspective of how things are done in the Med
team, but it feels none of the points you mentioned nor the specific
Med team workflow apply here, or are relevant to just let Janitor
commit directly to our packages.

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi