Re: Status of poetry

Hi everyone,

I gave the published deb a try by following this thread https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2021/11/msg00026.html and the binary deb looks good to me. Thank you everyone for your effort. I appreciate your effort so I could use poetry as a system-default package now.

More details regarding my testing if you are interested in:
I was aware that the package with the fixed python 3.10 testing error[1] has been published when trying to fix the 3.10 testing error[1] during my Christmas holidays, so I gave the published package a try instead by using the binary deb.

The overall testing of the deb looks good for me. I used the binary deb "python3-poetry"[2] to re-build my blog, which is a pelican-based project managed by poetry, with Sid. I can smoothly re-build my blog and publish/host it with an Apache server.

[1] Here is the elaboration of the error https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2021/11/msg00035.html and it seems to be fixed by the patch debian/patches/PR3544.patch dd47cb90 committed by Sandro
[2] The information of the packages
$ dpkg -l "*poetry*"
||/ Name                Version       Architecture Description
ii  python3-poetry      1.1.11+dfsg-3 all          Python dependency management and packaging made easy (Python 3)
ii  python3-poetry-core 1.0.7-2       all          Poetry PEP 517 Build Backend

Cheers,
Tai