Re: sphinxext-opengraph new upstream version and tests

On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 14:27:09 -1000
Chiara Marmo <marmochiaskl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear list, Sandro,
>
> I have uploaded on salsa a new upstream version of
> sphinxext-opengraph:
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/sphinxext-opengraph/
>
> I have also modified the way how tests are run... but I'm still in
> the process of understanding how autopkgtests works ....

Enabling the CI on salsa for your package can be really helpful to
verify things work as expected. As an added benefit, it also lowers
the time and effort needed to review a package.

Anyway, the current autopkgtest has a number of obvious flaws:
* the binary package it's trying to test isn't actually installed at
  all because it's not listed as a test dependency;
* the same goes for the supported python versions the test loops over
  (i.e. the necessary dependency on python3-all is missing).
* on the other hand, dependencies of the package being tested (such
  as python3-sphinx) should not be duplicated as a test dependency;
* within the control file, the field identifying tests in a separate
  file is called 'Tests', not 'Test-Command'.