Re: Packaging request for pygrib

On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 6:14:20 PM EST Kyle Lawlor wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 5:59 PM, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl>
> wrote:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/Packaging
>

> Geert Stappers
> Could not resist to ignore the "tell me how to do it", settled for a short
> reply. Thank you for the link, I will pursue this and reach out when I have
> questions or progress to share.
>
> --
> Silence is hard to parse

For The Debian Python team, if the team is listed as the maintainer for an
existing package, then you can go ahead.  If an individual is listed at
Maintainer and the team is listed in Uploaders, then you should check with the
identified maintainer before doing stuff.

For new packages, you don't need to wait for permission to prepare the
package.

Scott K