Re: Packaging request for pygrib

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 12:14:37AM +0000, Kyle Lawlor-Bagcal wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to request a python package for pygrib:
>
> 1. https://jswhit.github.io/pygrib/installing.html

Text from https://jswhit.github.io/pygrib/index.html

  Pygrib High-level python interface to ECCODES library for GRIB file IO.

Text from https://weather.gc.ca/grib/what_is_GRIB_e.html

  GRIB is a file format for the storage and transport of gridded
  meteorological data, such as Numerical Weather Prediction model output.

> 2. https://github.com/jswhit/pygrib
>
> I'm not sure what this would entail, but it would be great to be able to
> install it as "apt install python3-pygrib".

;-)

> I'm also new to this list so please let me know of etiquette or other
> info I should provide.

Think "I among friends".   Share ideas and ask for doing things together.
Know that best way to get things done is by start doing.

> I'm not a maintainer on this project. I'm just a casual user.

It is OK to break the consensus "Somebody else should do it"

Regards
Geert Stappers
Learned today that grib is not a misspelled grub.
( Text from https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/

   GNU GRUB is a Multiboot boot loader.

   Briefly, a boot loader is the first software program that runs when a
   computer starts. It is responsible for loading and transferring
   control to the operating system kernel software (such as the Hurd or
   Linux). The kernel, in turn, initializes the rest of the operating
   system (e.g. GNU).
)
--
Silence is hard to parse