Ruffin's Request to join Debian Python Team

Hello Debian Python Team,

I'd like to please join your team in order to help package a few new python modules.
As expanded upon below, packaging these python modules will aid my end goal in packaging my own build tool extensions.

Salsa account: ruffsl
(account is pending approval from your GitLab administrator)

I state I have read and accept the policy as published here:
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst

Thank you,
Ruffin White

---

I've read over the "Introduction for maintainers" wiki page, and created a mentors account:
"Ruffin White <roxfoxpox@gmail.com>"

And then submitted two ITP tickets to WNPP as described here:
https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
I've looked over the wiki for packing python modules and have draft repos:
This is my first attempt at debian packaging, so I've tried to mimic a simple example like this one:
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/python-tabulate
Among the things I'm unsure of are the packing of tests (autopkgtest?) and CLI (man pages?)

Perhaps we could eventually transfer these repos to the Salsa org for Debian Python Team?
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages