Re: Please enable me transfering python-bioblend to Debian Med team

Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote on 22/12/2021 at 19:42:26+0100:

> Am Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 06:13:32PM +0100 schrieb Pierre-Elliott Bécue:
>>
>> Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote on 21/12/2021 at 15:43:11+0100:
>>
>> > Ping?  Could any admin of Debian Python Team help out?  We can simply
>> > recreate the repository in Debian Med and move on ... but that might
>> > be confusing for users who will find two clones in differen teams.
>> > Thank you, Andreas.
>>
>> I'm sorry but pressuring to take over a package is not really fine. If
>> you're not happy with the time it takes for an answer, you can try to
>> fill an ITS and if the procedure goes to its end then you may take over.
>
> Please note:  The people involved are the same.  We are members of
> both teams but consider the Debian Med team more appropriate.  We
> are simply missing the permissions to do the move properly.

I am aware of that.

Yet, the fact that you are members of both teams doesn't entitle you to
decide such a transfer, even if you had the technical rights to do so.

I therefore stand my point: the way Debian is made has not changed
recently, and taking over still requires a formal approval from the
maintainer, which you are not.

The only alternatives are either an ITS or MIA team orphaning their
packages, but as the maintainer is an active team, the latter will not
happen.

>> Apart from that, you'll need for an admin of the team to do the transfer,
>> and they could be willing to check that no one in the team objects.
>
> Yes, we need an admin and that was I'm asking for.

I think you missed the second part of my sentence you're quoting.

>> Steffen only did the first upload. I'd suggest to contact Ondrej (Cc-ed).
>>
>> In the meantime, Nilesh is member of the Python team and therefore can
>> do an update of the package (but not change the maintainer).
>
> I'm a member myself - but the upload should happen in the Debian
> Med team.  This is the point of my mail.

I disagree.

Either the python team accepts the package to be transferred and it
indeed should happen there. Or you're in a hurry and you should not
change the maintainer field and still do your upload.

This probably means we should have a stanza in the DPT policy about
transfer of maintainership.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue