Installing data files with pybuild

Hello!

pybuild is magic.  It knows where the build directory is, despite it
seemingly calling setup.py with no command line arguments specifying
it!

But anyway, my actual question is this.  How do I ensure that the data
files are also copied into the package?  My package has a source tree
that looks roughly like this:

setup.py
setup.cfg
MANIFEST.in
debian/
mypkg/
  __init__.py
  module1.py
  imgs/
    img1.png
    img2.png
  data/
    data.csv
    data2.txt
  module2/
    __init__.py
    foo.py
    module2_data.txt

Only the .py files are currently included in the build; what is the
best way to include all of the data files after the build step and
before the test step, and then to ensure they are included in the
final package?

Thanks!

   Julian