Re: python-cryptography, Rust, and OpenSSL 3.0

On 12/1/21 4:05 PM, Andrius Merkys wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On 2021-12-01 14:31, Simon Chopin wrote:
>> TL;DR: Does it make sense to upload the intermediary upstream version
>> 3.4.8 or rather wait for someone to work on the Rust-based later versions?
>
> I would say yes. python-cryptography >= v3.4.6 is needed to update
> python-autobahn [1]. Thomas Goirand (in CC) said [2] he is already
> working on python-cryptography, thus it would be best to coordinate
> uploads with him.
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=995431
> [2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=994914#19
>
> Best,
> Andrius

Did ?!? I believe I wrote I was working on python-autobahn, but I have
to admit I completely failed my duty (busy on other stuff, like Ceph and
many other RC bug fixing).

At this point, I believe I must accept NMUs, or at least patches,
otherwise it will take forever...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)