Re: DPT repositories checks/"violations" report

Hi Sandro (2021.11.27_06:01:08_+0000)

> Hello,
> while working on something else[1], i noticed how many of the
> repositories in the DPT salsa group are in poor shape:
>
> * missing branches
> * changes not pushed to salsa
> * general misalignment in configuration/setup/organization
> * many other small nuances
>
> [1] https://github.com/sandrotosi/debian-python-team-tracker

+1 this is great!

I've been doing some 3.10 NMUs recently, and found myself re-creating
several upstream and pristine-tar branches...

> please take the content with caution, as it's still an early, raw
> draft (i spot-checked some of the reported issues, but there could be
> bugs/issues) and it contains data that can be outdated (see below re
> caching); the fact that the report indicates only 43 repos are without
> violations is a bit disarming, but i think the tool tries to err on
> the side of verbosity and pedantry, with 2 level of violations (ERROR
> and WARNING) to mark which ones are the most important that require
> immediate attention vs the nice-to-have ones.

When we did the migration to git, there weren't good tools for managing
the setup of the salsa repos (hooks, etc.) yet.  I'd assume those exist
now, we should check in with what other teams are doing. That stuff can
all be fixed in one run of a tool, I'd assume.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/