Re: How should learning to program in Python be approached, if learning objectives are sought to be customised?

> Please also advise: where could I have such repositories like such
> huge oracle java object and code repository?

I think what most people use as a source for Python packages is PyPi:
https://pypi.org/

And there is excellent tooling around it. Personally, I prefer pipenv
for application dependency management, but there are other tools.
PyCharm can work with pipenv and virtualenv natively:
https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/pipenv.html

Minor tip, install pipenv with apt and not with pip:
sudo apt install pipenv