Re: RFS: python-click-log/0.3.2-1 -- Logging integration for Click - Python 3.x

Hi Nilesh (2021.06.05_15:21:22_+0000)
> > * What about adding an autopkgtest?
>
> The test is running during build time.[1] I don't think running the same thing as autopkgtest does a very significant improvement.

I think there's generally an advantage in running the same upstream
tests at build time, as well as in an autopkgtest:

1. If something regresses the test suite, it'll block migration of that
   package into testing.
2. It verifies that the package behaves correctly, as installed. (This
   can mean that you need to disable part of the test-suite, that can't
   handle the installed layout.)

Yes, it's also good to have other kinds of tests in autopkgtests, that
verify installed behaviour (e.g. calling --help on an executable, to see
that it can start-up, and smoke testing library public interfaces).

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/