Re: python-django-js-asset_1.2.2-3_source.changes REJECTED

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 11:21 AM Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 11:14:44AM -0400, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > > That's because gbp does not use pristine-tar by default, and
> > > debian/gbp.conf was missing `pristine-tar=True`. Just pushed a commit to
> > > fix that.
> > I dont think this is the right approach: the default options to work
> > on DPT packages should be in gbp default config file (or in another,
> > global, config file), and not live in each and every package
> > debian/gbp.conf file;
> What's the mechanism to put these options there for everyone who works on
> a DPT package?

that's a great question! i dont think a technical solution currently exists.

> Or do you mean just working with whatever is shipped with
> gbp?

that wont work, but there could be a solution if we request a new
feature in gbp.

According to man 5 gbp.conf, there is either a global configuration
file, a per user file or a per repo/branch. In order to support
different workflows (for different teams, f.e.), this is not
sufficient.

But it could work if gbp.conf supported something similar to gitconfig
includeIf: in my ~/.gitconfig i have

```
[includeIf "gitdir:~/deb/"]
   path = ~/.gitconfig-deb
```

(~/deb is where i keep all my Debian work), and that means that if the
CWD is part of the ~/deb/ tree, git will also include ~/.gitconfig-deb
which contains Debian-specific configs, like the @d.o mail address.

Now, we'd also need a single location to store the team-specific
gbp.conf, and we already have a repo thta would fit:
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/packages , which currently
contains files useful to work on the entire team packages. This is
useful in my specific workflow, which is suspect is rather unusual,
but here how it goes:

* i checked https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/packages in
~/deb/python (this could be anywhere)
* run ./checkout -a to checkout all team packages (or ./checkout
<pkg1>... for only a subset)
* use `mr` (via .mcrconfig) to work on _m_ultiple _r_epositories (mr)

this repo could also contain a team-specific gbp.conf file we could
use. Admittedly, we probably only need a handful of options,
pristine-tar = True is only one that comes to mind (be aware this file
will need to be compatible with *all* repos currently in the team, so
setting the debian branch etc, wont work, until all repos are
uniform).

I'm going to file a feature request for the includeIf-like feature for gbp

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/