Re: python-django-js-asset_1.2.2-3_source.changes REJECTED

On 9/20/21 5:14 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>> That's because gbp does not use pristine-tar by default, and
>> debian/gbp.conf was missing `pristine-tar=True`. Just pushed a commit to
>> fix that.
>
> I dont think this is the right approach: the default options to work
> on DPT packages should be in gbp default config file (or in another,
> global, config file), and not live in each and every package
> debian/gbp.conf file; it is already inconsistently maintained with
> several packages having uncommon settings that will take precedence
> over the default ones.

+1

Plus gbp is just *one* out of *many* tools available. Some people just
prefer to use sbuild only, for example, and that's perfectly fine. IMO
it's up to the person that's using gbp to know what they are doing.

FYI, I've rebuilt regularly packages from the team, I even have
"pristine-tar = False" in my ~/.gbp.conf, and it's all fine...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)