How to contribute

Hello,

I have followed the procedure to be able to contribute within the Debian
Python team some time ago, and I now have permissions related to the
Debian Python team.

I'd like to know what would be the best course of action and avoid
seeming bold or rude.  Let's take my merge request below as example:

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/beaker/-/merge_requests/1

It's been there for 3 months without comment.  Should I expect that
there are people watching new merge requests, through e.g. some e-mail
sent to them whenever a new merge request is created?  If yes, should I
assume these people are too busy at the moment and wait some more?

Or should I advertise this merge request first on this mailing-list, so
that it gets some attention?

Or should I assume that I am trusted to be a careful person, merging
myself changes that I believe are "safe", but starting a thread for
changes I have doubts about?

Thanks!

Best regards

--
Fabrice Bauzac-Stehly
PGP 01EEACF8244E9C14B551C5256ADA5F189BD322B6