Re: RFS: python-splinter 0.14.0 (new package)

Hi Joseph (2021.05.20_00:53:31_+0000)
> I finished packaging splinter, a Python package for testing web applications
> using web browser automation (splinter uses selenium).

Had a quick look at it.

Had to rename things in the pristine-tar branch, to get a source
package to build.

Did you consider getting source from GitHub instead of PyPI? That way
you could get the upstream test suite, docs, and license text.
It would be nice to run the upstream test suite (if possible) and have
autopkgtests.

Did you need to list python3-selenium & python3-six in Depends? I would
have expected dh_python3 to pick them up and list them in
${python3:Depends}.

upstream/metadata:
I don't think of GitHub as being an Archive, as described by the
upstream metadata spec. But I can see why you may disagree.
You could list the PyPI Registry entry.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera