Re: Asking for help Poetry

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 9:56 PM Emmanuel Arias <eamanu@yaerobi.com> wrote:
> On 5/8/21 10:37 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > looks like this is fixed in git: do you need a sponsor?
> Yes, please. Thanks!

sounds good, i'll have a look at this package soon and let you know

> > stefanor uploaded it a few days ago
> Yes.
> > for this one it looks like you imported a new upstream release a week
> > ago: is there something we can help/check about poetry?
>
> I've just push some advances. Currently, I'm working on tests, if you
> want to take a look.

maybe just ask here (or directly to me) if you have questions and
what's failing/needs work, so we dont duplicate work

> We need new upstream release for python-httpretty (for tests), that I
> upload to mentors [0]. @zigo ask me about test that this new upstream
> release doesn't break
> cloud-init and python3-scciclient (I would like to take a look to ratt
> for that).

ratt is pretty great, and rather simple to use:

- setup a sbuild schroot for unstable
- build a binary package from the source you're working on
- `ratt <file>_amd64.changes`

and then you'll get on screen the results for each package + a
directory with the build results and logs

https://github.com/Debian/ratt

keep in mind it rebuilds packages sequentially, so it can take some
time if the number of reverse deps is high.

> Perhaps a good help from a more experienced person would be check if all
> is ok with DFSG,that's my biggest concern.

for which package specifically? while it's boring and long work, it's
also rather trivial: look at every single file (yep, all of them) from
the upstream source, and document their copyright and license in
d/copyright -- happy to answer questions if you have something
specific in mind about this

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi