Re: Build an initial Debian source package with py2dsp from a GitHub project

> > this solution also underestimates the in-progress migration towards
> > poetry and pyproject.toml, where `python3 setup.py sdist` is not
> > available.
>
> Where does the metadata come from for projects using these things?

that'd be pyproject.toml AFAIUI

the point i wanted to make is that it would require to implement a
parser for setup.{py,cfg} and pyproject.toml, plus some way to decide
which one to use in case a project supports both (it happens) and how
to override the selection in case one system is available and outdated
(it happens).

All of this is done by PyPI already, and the fact a project exists on
GH but not on PyPI it's either because it's such a niche project or
it's still under heaving development, that working on a solution
*right now* is not a good use of our time.

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/