Re: Need a Python 3.8 virtual environment

On 2021-03-03 10:45:46 +0000 (+0000), Julien Palard wrote:
[...]
> I'm using a bash function [1] to easily recompile needed Pythons (I test
> some projects with Python 3.5 to 3.9), but it's not that hard without my
> bash function:
[...]

This is pretty much identical to how I tackle it too, though I build
from tags checked out of the cpython Git repository.

If you're looking for prebuilt debs, I know some folks use this,
from what I understand the packages should be compatible with
reasonably contemporary Debian releases:

    https://launchpad.net/~deadsnakes/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

--
Jeremy Stanley