Re: Updating proxmoxer [Was: Re: Request to Join DPT]

Hi Elena,

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 16:37:54 +0100
Elena ``of Valhalla'' <valhalla@debian.org> wrote:

> [...]
> Have you already checked how significant the difference is? I suspect
> that the delta would be too much to be reasonable even under the
> current freeze rules (and Prometheus PVE Exporter as a new package
> would need to target bookworm anyway):

Version 1.0.4 has some small fixes for the ssh backend and some
improvements for the http backend. Nothing major though. If it is
viable to include that in bullseye, then why not. Also note that
upstream changed to proxmoxer/proxmoxer.

$ git diff --stat upstream/1.0.3...upstream/1.0.4 | grep py
 proxmoxer/__init__.py                   |   2 +-
 proxmoxer/backends/base_ssh.py          |   2 +-
 proxmoxer/backends/https.py             |   5 +-
 proxmoxer/core.py                       |  25 ++-
 setup.py                                |   2 +-
 tests/base/base_ssh_suite.py            |   8 +-

Version 1.1.0/1.1.1 introduces token authentication. There is no reason
to rush that into bullseye though. There is still the option to push
it to backports if people like that feature.

> what would you think about an upload of updated proxmoxer to
> experimental?

Sure! Any progress is very welcome!

Cheers,
Lorenz