Re: Python louvain packages naming confusion.

+Steffen explicitly, given the team is not in Maintainer nor Uploaders

> How about renaming the current python3-louvain package to
> python3-community-louvain using a normal transition package.

that's incorrect: src:python-louvain builds a module called
`community` (that includes also a cli tool), so the resulting binary
package should either be `python3-community` or `community` where the
cli is the main product and the module is installed in /usr/share/ to
support it.

> Then I can submit the other louvain package using a binary package name
> of python3-louvain-igraph.

this is incorrect too: (perspective) src:louvain (or
src:louvain-igraph, as the upstream called their repo) builds a module
called `louvain` so the resulting binary package should be
`python3-louvain` eventually conflicting with the existing package (<<
current-version-in-sid)

src:python-louvain is in a pretty bad shape: it received a single
upload in late 2018, it has an RC bug since a *day* after that upload,
and it has never been in testing: tbh i dont consider this package to
be maintained/targeting any stable release, so i believe you can "take
over" the namespace given you seem to show interest in maintaining
https://github.com/vtraag/louvain-igraph

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi