Re: Ressurrecting freevial as the new upstream

Hi!

> It turns out that I personally know the people behind freevial
> because it was born as a game for the Catalan Ubuntu LoCoTeam,
> which I was part of some time back. So I contacted the main
> developer and he agreed for me to take over the project and
> try[2] to port it to Python 3.

Interesting project, I've never see (in my short life in FOSS projects)
freevial but sound awesome.

> My python3 branch[3] currently works fine, though the code still
> needs more refactoring to make it fit Python 3 style guides. I'm
> also trying to build the package myself but I've never packaged a
> Python program before and it doesn't build successfully so far.>
> Now I'm wondering if your team would like to keep maintaining
> freevial or should I join your team and take care of it myself
> (I don't plan to maintain any other Python packages for now).

Personally, this weeks I cannot work on freevial, but next week I will
happy to help on packaging and maintain it.

But you can join to the team
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst

Cheers,
Emmanuel