Ressurrecting freevial as the new upstream

[Please, keep me in Cc since I'm not subscribed]

Last month I learnt that freevial had been removed[1] from
unstable last year because upstream was unresponsive and it
wasn't ported to Python 3, thus not fit for bullseye.

It turns out that I personally know the people behind freevial
because it was born as a game for the Catalan Ubuntu LoCoTeam,
which I was part of some time back. So I contacted the main
developer and he agreed for me to take over the project and
try[2] to port it to Python 3.

My python3 branch[3] currently works fine, though the code still
needs more refactoring to make it fit Python 3 style guides. I'm
also trying to build the package myself but I've never packaged a
Python program before and it doesn't build successfully so far.

Now I'm wondering if your team would like to keep maintaining
freevial or should I join your team and take care of it myself
(I don't plan to maintain any other Python packages for now).
My main goal is to have freevial back in stable the sooner the
better (I know it may be too late before soft-freeze, so I'll
explore other options when the time comes) and promote it as a
tool for engaging people in Debian Local Groups.

Thanks a lot!
Alex

 [1] https://tracker.debian.org/news/1113896/removed-13-21-from-unstable/
 [2] https://github.com/freevial/freevial/pull/2