Re: SETUPTOOLS_SCM_PRETEND_VERSION trick : how to use it in autopkgtest?

Hi,

Le mardi 09 juin 2020 à 10:35 +0200, Ondrej Novy a écrit :

> po 8. 6. 2020 v 17:22 odesílatel Julien Puydt <julien.puydt@gmail.com
> > napsal:
> > I know about the SETUPTOOLS_SCM_PRETEND_VERSION trick when it is
> > used
> > in d/rules :
> >
> > include /usr/share/dpkg/pkg-info.mk
> > export SETUPTOOLS_SCM_PRETEND_VERSION=$(DEB_VERSION_UPSTREAM)
>
> dh-python do this automatically when python{,3}-setuptools-scm is in
> B-D.

Oh, so in fact, the only package which should do that in its d/rules
should be setuptools-scm itself, then ?

> > I got around by turning d/tests/upstreamtestsuite to:
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > set -e
> > SETUPTOOLS_SCM_PRETEND_VERSION=0.0.0 python3 setup.py test 2>&1
> >
> > which worked because in fact the tests don't care about the
> > version.
>
> you can use "dpkg-parsechangelog -SVersion" or include
> /usr/share/dpkg/pkg-info.mk + $DEB_VERSION_UPSTREAM here too.

There are several things I don't understand there:

(1) during the autopkgtest run, we're not in the package source tree,
are we? So there should be no access do d/changelog?

(2) including pkg-info.mk is for makefiles, so not available there, and
dpkg-parsechangelog -SVersion will give me the full Debian version, not
just upstream's.

Thanks,

JP