Re: SETUPTOOLS_SCM_PRETEND_VERSION trick : how to use it in autopkgtest?

H,

po 8. 6. 2020 v 17:22 odesílatel Julien Puydt <julien.puydt@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi,

I know about the SETUPTOOLS_SCM_PRETEND_VERSION trick when it is used
in d/rules :

include /usr/share/dpkg/pkg-info.mk
export SETUPTOOLS_SCM_PRETEND_VERSION=$(DEB_VERSION_UPSTREAM)

dh-python do this automatically when python{,3}-setuptools-scm is in B-D.

I got around by turning d/tests/upstreamtestsuite to:

#!/bin/sh
set -e
SETUPTOOLS_SCM_PRETEND_VERSION=0.0.0 python3 setup.py test 2>&1

which worked because in fact the tests don't care about the version.

you can use "dpkg-parsechangelog -SVersion" or include /usr/share/dpkg/pkg-info.mk + $DEB_VERSION_UPSTREAM here too.

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový