Re: looking at the remaining "bad" packages in the "add python 3.8" transition

There's another kind of issue
Yeah, sadly the transition tracker only looks at unstable, so packages that are fixed in unstable but haven't migrated to testing for some reason won't show up.
; here is an example :

- sagemath builds only for Python 3.7, so some of this subpackages
don't load under Python 3.8 :

- which means that for brial, autopkgtest fails :
https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/testing/amd64/b/brial/3988637/log.gz

Looking at brial, it seems python3-brial should technically have a dependency on sagemath, but this dependency is omitted for bootstrapping reasons https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=896218 .

I haven't found the time to investigate things further in sagemath ; I
was wondering if I wouldn't disable the Python 3.8 test in brial... not
ideal...
I would think the autopkgtest should probably check somehow what versions of python3 sagemath supports and test against those, rather than having a hardcoded whitelist/blacklist.

Afaict until sagemath makes it back into testing ( currently blocked by https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=944055 ), having a brial package in testing is pretty pointless.