python-babel

Hello,

The python-babel [1] package is currently broken, there isn't any bugs reported yet, but after the transit to python3.8 it failed the testsuite. New upstream version 2.7.0 and above fixes these issues. To update the package there is a 'repack' script which i believe is broken, I at least did most of the work manually. For that reason I haven't dared push it to the official repo yet, if anyone have time, it will be nice with a second opinion. It's still some work left, but it builds and tests fine. The version I updated is currently here [2]

The script might only require a minor fix but i noticed that the files being downloaded already exist
within Debian. The package unicode-cldr-core [3].
Is it possible to have this as a build-dependency, have a Files-Excluded in d/copyright file and drop the repack script altogether? If there still is a reason to change the files in the first place.
If this makes it any easier/better of course.

I'll appreciate all kinds of feedback.

Håvard

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python-babel
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/haava-guest/python-babel