Re: How to watch pypi.org

As I said I'm very new to this and all (python) packages I'm using lately use the usual python tools (pipy, setup.py, etc) and my first approach has been to stick as close as possible to the upstream procedures. But I might very likely be taking a wrong decision. What are the reasons to go for git instead of pypi? I see that it is 'more upstream' but it seems that everyone else is pointing to pypi as a distro-agnostic solution.

El lun., 5 oct. 2020 a las 4:24, Paul Wise (<pabs@debian.org>) escribió:
On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 3:29 PM Fioddor Superconcentrado wrote:

> I've packaged a project provided via https://pipi.org and I wanted to create a debian/watch file but pipi.org publishes the tarball behind a strange url like

I would suggest using the upstream git repo instead of the PyPi tarballs.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise