Re: python3- preffix

Thank you Andrey.

In this case it's a module and therefore needs the prefix.
Ok. renamed the source package with python-.

I get following (translated back to english):
dpkg-buildpackage: information: system architecture amd64
dpkg-source:  failure: source package has 2 conflicting values: "python-my-package" and "python3-my-package"
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: dpkg-source --before-build . subprocess returned exit status 25

El dom., 4 oct. 2020 a las 17:46, Andrey Rahmatullin (<wrar@debian.org>) escribió:
On Sun, Oct 04, 2020 at 05:39:16PM +0200, Fioddor Superconcentrado wrote:
> Debian's packaging documentation requires the packages containing python3
> apps to be renamed with a python3 suffix.
*apps* shouldn't have a prefix, only modules should.

> Now I can put that prefix to the source too or not.
No. The current best practices for source package names for Python module
packages are either just foo or python-foo and this wasn't changed when
dropping py2.

> if I don't I get a conflict warning.
What do you mean?

--