Patch an automatic tweek?

Hi again.

Running debuild -us -uc with pybuild the toolchain automatically inserts setup.cfg to SOURCES.txt and the next debuild run breaks because there's an unpatched change outside the debian directory.

I've been trying with quilt and I figured out how to configure it to put the patches under debian directory. The toolchain then reverts the patch series (a single patch in my case) automatically skipping the rerun problem. But then it's lintian that complains.

What else am I supposed to do? Should I create some debian/rules to apply/revert the patch? Should I just ignore lintian's warning?

Thanks in advanced.