Re: Newcomers project: DPMT/PAPT pristine-tar verification

[ Putting Jelmer in copy ]

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 11:04 AM Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jul 2020, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > > The checks i have in mind for now, are:
> > >
> > > * pristine-tar branch must exist, if not -> it's a bug
> > > * pristine-tar + upstream branch must produce the same tarball as
> > > downloaded from the archive, if not -> it's a bug
> > > * bonus point: fix the repo if it doesn't generate the right tarball
> > > and or the branch is missing.
> > > * bonus point: make this into a service that runs regularly (not
> > > strictly necessary to be limited to us)
> >
> > I would suggest that this would be a nice job for the janitor bot.
> > https://janitor.debian.net/
>
> How would you suggest implementing this?

The janitor bot can be added to our salsa groups and he can be configured
to push changes directly instead of proposing merge requests.

All the above operations are simple automatable jobs that only result in
changes to the git repositories (mainly updates to the pristine-tar
branch).

I would thus suggest to add this functionality to the janitor and I
believe the right place for this is here:
https://jelmer.uk/code/silver-platter/tree/master/silver_platter/debian

  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁
  ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋    The Debian Handbook: https://debian-handbook.info/get/