Re: Maintaining all of the testing-cabal packages under the OpenStack team

On 6/30/20 12:41 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2020-06-29 23:55:49 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> [...]
>> nodepool from OpenStack,
>
> Well, *formerly* from OpenStack, these days Nodepool is a component
> of the Zuul project gating system, which is developed by an
> independent project/community (still represented by the OSF):
>
>     https://zuul-ci.org/
>     https://opendev.org/zuul/nodepool/
>
> You could probably run a Nodepool launcher daemon stand-alone
> (without a Zuul scheduler), but it's going to expect to be able to
> service node requests queued in a running Apache Zookeeper instance
> and usually the easiest way to generate those is with Zuul's
> scheduler. You might be better off just trying to run Nodepool along
> with Zuul, maybe even set up a GitLab connection to Salsa:
>
>     https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/reference/drivers/gitlab.html
>
>> and use instances donated by generous cloud providers (that's not
>> hard to find, really, I'm convinced that all the providers that
>> are donating to the OpenStack are likely to also donate compute
>> time to Debian).
> [...]
>
> They probably would, I've approached some of them in the past when
> it sounded like the Salsa admins were willing to entertain other
> backend storage options than GCS for GitLab CI/CD artifacts. One of
> those resource donors (VEXXHOST) also has a Managed Zuul offering of
> their own, which they might be willing to hook you up with instead
> if you decide packaging all of Zuul is daunting (it looks like both
> you and hashar from WMF started work on that at various times in
> https://bugs.debian.org/705844 but more recently there are some
> JavaScript deps for its Web dashboard which could get gnarly to
> unwind in a Debian context).

Hi Jeremy,

I gave up a few times, because the reverse dependencies for it were not
aligned with what was in use in Debian at the time, and gave up.

If there's some nasty NPM job behind, then I probably will just skip the
dashboard, and expect deployment to get the dashboard not from packages.
What is included in the dashboard? Things like https://zuul.openstack.org/ ?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)