Re: packaging DiscoDOS - a cli tool for vinyl DJs

On 5/15/20 7:09 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Friday, May 15, 2020 12:55:48 PM EDT Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> On 5/15/20 5:43 PM, jojo wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd like to join the list because I think my software is a valuable
>>> addition to the debian universe, my ultimate goal would be to bring it
>>> into Ubuntu Studio because it is music-related.
>>
>> I really think it's a shame that people join Debian just because of
>> Ubuntu... :(
>
> Thomas,
>
> Ask yourself if you are modelling being a member of a welcoming community
> here?
>
> There are lots of examples of people who initially became interested in Debian
> via Ubuntu and are good Debian contributors and project members.
>
> You are free to think whatever you want, but I don't think this kind of
> sentiment has any place on Debian lists.
>
> Scott K

This was kind of rhetorical, and it is my believe that if it is the way
it is, *we* are at fault, globally in Debian. I'm just not sure how to
fix that. I BTW don't agree with you, and IMO, this has some place on
the Debian lists. Having Debian (directly) appealing to everyone is very
important topic.

Of course, Jojo is very much welcome, and I'm sorry that you take it
this way. I've pointed at many docs to help, so I very much believe he
knows I warmly welcome him.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)