Re: python-babel

On 11.02.2020 16:55, Håvard Flaget Aasen wrote:

On 11.02.2020 15:44, Thomas Goirand wrote:
On 2/11/20 11:16 AM, Håvard Flaget Aasen wrote:

I tried to build python-babel to sponsor the upload from what's in the
Git in the DPMT, and it failed to build for me:

# Generate the localedata folder data out of the xml files
# downloaded in debian/repack
scripts/import_cldr.py common
Processing root.xml (Language = root; Territory = 001)

root: Unsupported number system "adlm" in <symbols numberSystem="adlm">

[... lots of lines like this one ...]

I'm also getting these lines. I tested with the current 2.6.0 which also
gives the same messages, the build log for 2.6.0 in Ubuntu prints the
same messages.

Now for the files actually being processed
It is 719 in version 2.4.0
745 in version 2.6.0 and
764 in version 2.8.0

Not that it is supposed to be this way of course. Though I do believe
the actual content in the package is correct.
I can have a look at what we are actually importing in d/repack and see
if anything has changed from version 2.4.0 to 2.8.0

root: Unsupported number system "vaii" in <currencyFormats
numberSystem="vaii">

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 968, in <module>
      main()
    File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 193, in main
      dump_json=bool(options.dump_json)
    File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 207, in process_data
      _process_local_datas(sup, srcdir, destdir, force=force,
dump_json=dump_json)
    File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 435, in _process_local_datas
      write_datafile(data_filename, data, dump_json=dump_json)
    File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 167, in write_datafile
      with open(path, 'wb') as outfile:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/babel/locale-data/root.dat'

I can't replicate this. I tried with cowbuilder/pbuilder and sbuild and
the build completes fine on my systems.

Håvard

In such case, could you provide me with the source package, rather than
just letting me try with Git? Maybe this is going to work then...

Thats ok, how do you want it? the orig.tar.gz is just over 25 MB

When i try I only use git, with these commands:
$ gbp clone
$ gbp buildpackage

Håvard

I'm sorry to have wasted your time yesterday. It is indeed my system that does something it shouldn't.
I created a CI in salsa which duplicated your error.
I believe the repository with the pristine-tar and upstream branch is correct

I will fix the package today and readd it on IRC when it's done.

I was able to reproduce the error on my own system with
$ dpkg-buildpackage -us -ui

Håvard